Second Month Check-Up

May 13, 2010

What a busy day. My parents came into town with Uncle Victor and Carson. This was Carson's first visit to the Chi and we hope not his last. My parents treated the kids, Victor and I to lunch at Rainforest Cafe (unfortunately, JB had to work). Liam is a bit young for this, but it was fun to get out with the family.

Carson, on the other hand, was the perfect age and loved it. In fact, he asked my Dad if he would put Apes down in the basement. It is so fun to see life through the eyes of children. Needless to say we had a great time.

Carson, Liam and Grandpa outside after lunch.


After lunch we dropped Victor and Carson off at my place for a nap while we headed to Liam's Dr. apt. This is the second month check-up and we were seeing Dr. T for the first time. All I can say is that we absolutely love her. She listened to all of my concerns and put my mind to ease with any worries I had as a new mom. As Dr. T and I talked Liam sat in my arms with his fist underneath his chin listening to us. Periodically, he would sigh as if he comprehended everything Dr. T said. ;)

This visit Liam weighed in at 15 lbs. and 26 5/8 inches long. He is in the 97th percentile for weight and height. Thankfully, Dr. T reassured me that Liam is in proportion and not to be alarmed. This visit Liam had to received a round of shots that he took like a champ. I was so proud of my little man.

At this visit Liam was also diagnosed with acid reflux. I believe that he has more of the silent reflux (where he swallows it back down instead of spitting up large amounts). Liam was showing all the signs of reflux (gagging/coughing at times, abdominal pain, etc.). Eventually Liam will outgrow reflux, but in the meantime, we are giving him medications three times a day. In addition, we are adding a little bit of rice cereal to his formula. The combination of the two seem to be helping him keep the formula down.

We ended the Dr.'s visit with talk about Liam's sleep habits. Currently he is sleeping three to four hours at a time. Dr. T said that he is right on track and not to expect more regarding sleep patterns. So, we left the Dr.'s office with Mama and Papa in tow. We picked up Liam's medicine and headed back home. As we walked in the door, there was Carson ready to play. Poor guy did not want to leave. In fact, he told my parents and Victor goodbye and that he would see them later. He was ready to stay with Baby Liam and Aunt Leslie. Oh Carson - we cannot wait for you to come visit again. Love you much.

Thank you Mom, Dad and Victor for making the trip to the Chi. We had a great day!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment