New Doctor

April 6, 2010

Today we had our first visit with our new pediatrician. I decided to make the switch after much deliberating and conversations with other moms/friends.

It was so nice to walk into the office and be greeted with a warm welcome from Regina. As I checked us in I was only able to get out Brown when Regina said, "We have been waiting for you Liam." My mom was with me at this appointment and we both felt comfortable at this office. Regina's welcoming confirmed that I had made the right decision to switch.

We met the Dr. and unfortunately were unable to see Dr. T. at this visit (first month checkup). However, we loved Dr. Lu. She was good about answering all of my questions and just put my new mom worries to ease. We discussed at this appointmet the possibility of Liam having reflux as well as the diaper rash that we went to the ER for in March.

Surprise, surprise - Dr. Lu confirmed my thoughts that this was a yeast rash and that we need an ointment to clear this up. Amazingly, all it took was cream that people use to cure athlete's foot. That's right this was something that was available over the counter. You can imagine my frustration when I received this information. Here poor Liam had this rash that could have been easily cleared up. In fact, once we used the cream, the rash was gone in four days.

Dr. Lu also confirmed that Liam had thrush and to continue to use the script previously prescribed. Liam is weighing in at the 97th percentile for height and weight, which is perfectly in proportion for both weight and height. Liam ended this visit with a shot in the leg. He cried briefly, but was immediately consoled by Mama.

The rest of the day Liam wanted to be held and loved on. Of course, I was happy to oblige. ;)

Quick side note, the nurses loved Liam's red hair. What a great visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment