They Got Me

February 3rd was a busy day. Not only did we have our Dr.'s apt, but I was also starting to train my temp. for when I go on maternity leave. Then I found out that we were having our departmental meeting that afternoon.

At two o'clock I started to head down for the meeting. I ran into Erika who was trying to sneak in a smoke break before, but I convinced her that there was not enough time. So, we headed downstairs for the big meeting. As soon as we approached the conference room door I noticed that the decorations and people inside. SURPRISE!!! This was not a meeting, but a baby shower. How did they pull this off without me knowing?

This was no ordinary work shower. Erika, Emma and Catherine spoiled Baby Brown. They had cake, fruit, cupcakes (made by Janet), cheese and crackers. They also had shower favors filled with M&M's and Skittles candy. I was in awe and truly surprised as they told me to take a seat.

My co-workers were very generous and picked up the remaining items that I had on my "to do list" and much more. You could tell that an experienced Mom shopped for the shower because honestly a new mom might not have thought of some of these items yet. For example, a stroller protector for the wind and rain.

As I opened each gift I sat there in amazement. I am just so touched and honored that people would think enough of me and Baby Brown to do all of this.

Thank you girls for a great Wednesday surprise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment