Chicago Baby Shower

Yes, you read this correctly. JB and I drove back Saturday night from Elkhart so that we were home in time for the Chicago Baby shower on Sunday. Lucky for us my parents were coming into town on Sunday as well, so we were able to put a majority of the gifts in their car. This way when we arrived back home on Saturday evening we would not have to make more than one trip up the three flights of stairs. Oh, the beauty of a garage.

The Chicago shower was hosted by dear friends Joy, Penelope and Robin. Joy graciously opened her home for the shower, which worked out perfectly. What a great shower this was with fantastic food and conversation. It was a great mix of SMC college and Chicago friends. I was extremely touched that so many of the girls were able to make the shower since a majority of them live out of town.

Joy, Penelope and Robin out did themselves with the food. Joy made a number of dips including her famous taco dip that was a big hit. The food table was over flowing with salad, fruit, dips, chicken salad and the list goes on. There was so much to chose from - which was great for a pregnant lady. ;)

As people chatted and munched away, Penelope informed the group that we were not going to be playing any games. Honestly, I was shocked. Penelope loves any type of game and I was surprised she wasn't going to try and sneak one in. Thankfully, Robin indirectly hinted that not many people like shower games and we should skip them. This would have worked if it wasn't for the fact that Erika found out there were no games and made a comment to Penelope. Those of you that know Penelope, know that she only needs one positive comment and she is off and running. Next thing I know there was talk about let's see who can guess how big Leslie is. Oh, my not something I was too keen on and thankfully this did not take place. Instead we played a short game where the girls had to guess the nursery theme, colors, etc.

As I was about to open gifts, Mrs. Kistka informed us of an old wives tale involving the seventh opened gift. Apparently, the owner/giver of the seventh gift would be the next one to have a baby. When Robin handed me the seventh gift I knew instantly by the handwriting that it was from Sharis. Immediately, the group wanted to know who it was while secretly hoping it was not them. I made the big announcement that Sharis was the seventh gift. However, we found out that Robin made sure that her gift was one of the top five given. According to Mrs. Kistka this was considering tampering and she might be the next one. So, we shall see who is the next to reveal she is pregnant. ;)

JB and I greatly appreciate the generosity and thoughtfulness of everyone. We received so many adorable clothes, bedding and practical items such as the diaper genie, swing, pack-n-play and the list continues. We are truly blessed to have each of you in our lives.

Thank you to all for making the trip to Chicago and for making this such a wonderful shower. We greatly appreciate your love and support. A SPECIAL THANK YOU to Joy, Penelope and Robin for all of their hard work behind the scenes to make this a success and memorable.

One last thing, I hope this post encourages Penelope to send pics my way. I didn't have my camera with me, hence the lack of pictures. Thanks Sims. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment