38 Weeks

February 17th was our 38th week appointment. There were a couple of changes that I noticed over the past week. One, I felt this line of hardness and discomfort around my belly button. This is also where I have a scar from my gall bladder being removed. I was not sure what was causing this feeling and JB thought we needed to call Dr. Clinton. I looked the symptoms up in my book while he called his sister who is a nurse for confirmation that we did not need to worry.

The discomfort did go away and when we inquired about this during our Dr.'s apt. we were informed that this was just the stretching of the ligaments. I also felt that Brown did drop some, which again Dr. Clinton confirmed that he moved down. No signs of being dilated at this apt. So, our next visit will discuss the options available (inducing or c-section) if there is no further development.

I have to admit this is somewhat scary to me. I really would like to have him naturally, but what if he is too big? I tried to block this out and told myself that we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Sometimes the size of the baby is not right. However, the stories I have heard where the Dr. indicates the baby is small, he/she is usually bigger than originally projected. With that said we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment