Indiana Baby Shower

We were in Indiana on January 30th for our first Baby Shower. What an amazing time this was to see family and friends both near and far.

Erica and Sarah, two of my dear friends from high school hosted the shower for Baby Brown at my parent's house. The girls thought of everything. The invitations were adorable and set the tone for the shower. The same color theme was also used on the delicious cake and cupcakes. In fact, my nephew Carson was all about this table. He even said to me as clear as day, "I think I need a little bite of that cake" as he pointed with his little finger and a big smile. I had to laugh. Of course he wasn't happy that he had to wait for the guest to arrive.

Once everyone started to arrive the shower was in full swing. We started with everyone introducing themselves and revealing the book they brought to create Baby Brown's library. I loved this part of the shower. Brown received so many books and we have a great start on his library thus far.

Typically, I am not a fan of shower games, but the girls had a few that they wanted to play or may be that was just Erica ;). The first game was guess the celebrity parents of the baby. Of course Shiloh and Harlow made the list, but who knows the parents of Moxie Crimefighter? I had no idea and my cousin Kelsey guessed Little Wayne and Paris Hilton. Boy was she wrong. Jennifer won the game with 12 out of 20 correct. People and US magazine did not help anyone with this game.

The second game we played was "The Price is Right." The girls had ten items that were up for bid. The object of the game was to write down your bid and then Erica would reveal the actual price of the item. Whomever had the total bid close to the actual price without going over won. It was hilarious as my mom and aunts asked where the items were bought - thinking that would make a different as to what the price was. Aunt Sandee and Aunt Deby I believe tied at this game. Overall, the games were a success.

Sarah and Erica gave Baby Brown his first Piggy Bank at the shower as well. They had everyone put a dollar coin into the bank as they made a
wish for Baby Brown. Again, another cute idea.
We love the bank and JB has been adding his
change into the bank daily. My Mom also made
her first ever diaper cake which turned out
really cute. Great job Mom!

JB and I greatly appreciate the generosity and thoughtfulness of everyone. We received so many adorable clothes, blankets, bedding, and practical items such as the high chair and stroller with infant car seat. We are truly blessed.

Thank you to all that were able to be there and for making this such a wonderful shower. We greatly appreciate your love and support. A SPECIAL THANK YOU to Erica and Sarah for such a great shower. JB and I appreciate all that you did to make this a success and memorable. We appreciate all the time and effort involved. Also to my PARENTS for hosting the event in their home and all the behind the scenes work they did for the grandson.

One last special thank you to Marta. Thank you for driving up for the shower even when your plans were altered. It was great to visit with you and I was so touched that you made the long drive up regardless of the circumstances. We hope the candy helped on your drive back. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment