No Electric and the Nanny Called in Sick - Great!

August 20, 2010

Today started off a bit rough. Liam and I woke up at 4:20 a.m. having problems breathing. Now this is strange since I know that I had the air on when I went to bed. To make a very long story short - are electric went out. We found out later that someone had hit the transformer, which resulted in the loss of electricity.

All I could think about was how I was going to have to hurry and get ready for work and let the nanny know what was going. Well, that didn't happen. Unfortunately, the nanny called twenty minutes before her start time and said she was unable to watch Liam because she was sick. This must be a sign, right?

Thankfully, my job was very understanding when I called in for a personal day. Although this was not a planned day off, I had a great time with my little man. My parents came with Cousin Carson to take us to IN while we waited for the electric to come back on. Carson walked in and asked, "Aunt Leslie, what happened to your house?"

Liam and I had a great ride back to IN with the family reading books and enjoying each other's company. Thank goodness for Mama and Papa - they saved the day. I must say that Liam was really good during this time. He was even able to take a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment